GeologyCat is preparing for the arrival of the hurricane.
My van was stolen yesterday in Chicago with everything Danny and I own in it, along with 4 friends’ guitars/personal items/passports. We’ve been away from home for nearly 6 months. Touring from New York to Florida, then out to LA. Stayed in LA for 3 months to write and record a full length while living in the van. And then planned to tour back through Canada finishing in NY.
We got through Canada but lost everything yesterday in Chicago. The window was smashed out, and the van was taken in broad day light near Wicker Park. Total of somewhere near $25k worth of amps, guitars, recording equipment, and personal belongings. We don’t have any type of insurance that will cover any of these losses. I’m going to try to update photos of all of the gear…I’ll post what would be most noticeable if it popped up somewhere around Chicago or anywhere.
Also, Some people have reached out wanting to donate. It’s truly amazing how supportive friends have been. If you want to help out at all there is a paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the gear, including the van, I bought from sleeping on my floor for 6 months while renting my room on airbnb and working full time at a Japanese restaurant. Danny incurred about 10k in debt buying recording equipment to make a record that is now lost, as the four copies of mixes are on harddrives/computers/laptops in the van. We are feeling generally sick after pushing so hard to make music happen in our lives. If you want to help out, hit us on the paypal. Everything helps, and it will go directly to getting us back to being touring musicians.
If you have any questions regarding anything or have any leads, email me at email@example.com or get me on facebook. I’m gonna go buy a sweater now. It was cold last night.
Green Ford E-350 2001
License Plate GKJ3343
Driver-side rear view mirror has black tape holding it up.
Rear right tire is missing it’s hubcap.
Dent at bottom of passenger rear door. And rust along the bottom edges.
Select Items that may be noticable
Seafoam Green Dillion Mosrite Guitar
Fender “Musicmaster II” Red Guitar Serial - 151330
Fender Telecaster Sunburst Guitar - Serial - z9475201
Fender Telecaster White (Yellow Pickguard) Guitar Wear marks on front. Deftones sticker on back.
Gibson Les Paul Signature “T” Guitar Truss rod cover changed for blank. Black/Cream binding Serial-134921439
Hohner Dark Brown Acoustic Guitar (repaired crack on the neck)
Yamaha FG-180 Acoustic Guitar Serial - 1528031
2013 Black Fender “p” Bass Guitar MIM With black Pick Guard
Universal Audio Solo 610 Preamp for Microphone
Pearl Export Drum Kit Dark Green, (Kick, two tom drums)
Zildjian K Custom 20” Ride Cymbal
Zildjian K Custom 13” Dark Hi-Hat Cymbals (pair)
Zildjian A Custom 16” Medium Crash
Zildjian “17” Fast Crash
Peavey JSX Head (Front Logo Missing)
Peavey 3120 Head
Marshall 4x12 Cab (Light Color Wood)
Acoustic 370 Bass Head
Acoustic 406 2x15 Bass Cabinet
Glyph Small Black External Hard Drive. ««<Whats on this drive means the world to us. There were 3 other copies…all on computers/hard drives in the van
LaCie Rugged Orange and Silver External Hard Drive ««<Whats on this drive means the world to us. There were 3 other copies…all on computers/hard drives in the van
Apogee Duet Sound Card Silver and Black
Strobo Stomp Tuner
Paypal : firstname.lastname@example.org
EIGHT LIMBS OF YOGA
1. Yama or “restraint,” and includes ahimsa (non-violence), satya (truthfulness), asteya (non-stealing), brahmacharya (preservation of sexual energy and cultivation of it) an aparigraha (non-covetousness).
2. Niyama – It means “observance,” and includes saucha (purity and cleanliness), samtosa (contentment), tapas (heat/focus/austerity), svadhyaya (study of scriptures and self) and isvara pranidhana (surrender to the divine).
3. Asana – or “posture,” and includes all those asanas we have come to know and love. Asanas are used as a preparation for pranayama and meditation. Certain asanas stimulate the rise of kundalini.
4. Pranayama – It means “restraint of life force/breath,” and includes the pranayama methods we have discussed, plus some we are yet to discuss. Particular kinds of pranayama raise kundalini.
5. Pratyahara – It means “introversion of senses.” Pratyahara is both effect and cause, occurring as kundalini rises and ecstatic experiences draw our attention naturally inward.
6. Dharana – It means “concentration or focus of attention,” and is the first step in taking the mind inward through meditation. The mind will take us inward if we give it the opportunity.
7. Dhyana – or “meditation,” and is the flow of attention inward. It is the expansion of attention beyond any object. In the lessons, the mantra is used as the vehicle for this. We come easily to the mantra, and then the mantra changes and disappears.
Our attention expands, arriving in its natural unattached state – stillness.
8. Samadhi – It means “absorption/transcendence,” and it is what we experience in daily meditation. It expands over time, eventually becoming our natural state of being in daily activity. It is pure bliss consciousness, the inner silent witness.